Looking for a healthy snack? Our whole grain bites are made with untreated, enriched wheat flour, whole wheat flour, water, cracked wheat, flax seeds, corn meal, pearled barley, rye, triticale, rolled oats, brown rice, sesame seeds, buckwheat, millet, cracked durum wheat, sea salt, yeast and malted barley.
SMOKED MEAT CIABATTA BITES WITH COLESLAW
- 4 Boulart® Whole Grain and/or Original Bites
- 12-14 slices of deli bought, good quality smoked meat
- ¼ head of white cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ a cup of cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp of white sugar
- 2 tbsp of celery seeds
- Yellow mustard
- 2-4 of your favourite dill pickles, sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bake the bites for 3 minutes at 375°F.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sized mixing bowl whisk together the vinegar, sugar and celery seeds.
- Toss the cabbage with the vinegar mixture and season well with kosher salt and pepper, cover and refrigerate (this can be made ahead of time).
- While the bread finishes baking, and the cabbage marinates, place a medium-sized pot over low-medium heat and add 1/2 cup of water.
- Once the water is simmering, add in the smoked meat and cover. This will gently steam the meat.
- While the bread is still warm, slice horizontally and drizzle a bit of mustard on the bottom half.
- Next, spoon on a bit of coleslaw, followed by 2-3 slices of the smoked meat, 1-2 pickle slices and the top half of the bun.