Red Pepper & Onion
Looking for something different? Try our red pepper and onion fougasse, made with unbleached, untreated, enriched wheat flour, water, dehydrated onions, dehydrated red peppers, sea salt, yeast and malted barley.
FOUGASSE WITH SUNDRIED TOMATO, PESTO AND EGGS
- 1 Boulart® Red Pepper & Onion Fougasse
- 1 cup of sun dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 cup of fresh basil leaves, washed
- ¼ cup of fresh parsley, washed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 cup of finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup of sliced chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the fougasse on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Crack an egg into each opening of the fougasse. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the bread for about 10 minutes at 375°F, ensuring that the eggs are cooked.
- Meanwhile, place the sun dried tomatoes, basil, parsley, garlic and parmesan into a food processor with a bit of the oil.
- Process, adding more oil if needed, until all ingredients are combined and still slightly chunky.
- When the bread is golden brown and crisp and the eggs are cooked, remove from the oven and transfer to a platter. Spoon over some of the sun dried tomato pesto while the bread is still warm.
- Garnish with the sliced chives and enjoy!