Sometimes it’s best to let our bread do the talking. Made with unbleached, untreated, enriched wheat flour, water, sea salt, yeast and malted barley, this ciabatta speaks for itself.
MOZZARELLA & CHORIZO PULL-APART BREAD
- 1 Boulart® Original Classica Loaf
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of crumbled or sliced chorizo
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 bunch of basil, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- 1 brunch of green onions, green parts thinly sliced
- Kosher salt + freshly ground black pepper
- Place a small sauce pot over medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Once the olive oil is hot, add the garlic and stir, cooking until it turns slightly golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and basil to the pot and gently simmer until the tomato sauce has thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut down through the bread, ¾ of the way, in a criss-cross diagonal pattern. Stuff the cheese and chorizo in between the bread slices.
- Place the stuffed Classica loaf under the broiler and heat until the cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with the green onions and serve alongside the warm tomato sauce.