For those who are fans of the everything bagel, this bun is for you. Using the same delicious mix of poppy seeds, sesame seeds, salt, garlic and onion, the Everything Bun is quite literally everything you’re looking for.
Smoked trout sandwich
- 1 Boulart® Everything Bun
- 4-5 slices of good smoked trout
- Celeriac remoulade (recipe follows)
- 1 jar of roasted red peppers
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 Small handful of peppery arugula or sprouts
- 1 head of celeriac, washed and peeled
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 lemon
- Using a sharp knife, thinly slice the celeriac and cut into match sticks.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the celeriac with the mayo, parsley and grainy mustard.
- Squeeze in the fresh juice from the lemon and mix well.
- Season well with kosher salt and pepper. Cover and place in the fridge until ready for use.
- Bake off the bun according to the directions.
- When the bun is done, slice horizontally while still warm.
- Chop the peppers and mix with the capers. Spoon a bit of this mixture over the base of the bun, just enough to cover.
- Next, lay the smoked trout over the relish ribboning it so it doesn’t lay flat.
- Spoon a few tablespoons of the remoulade on top of the trout and finish with a pinch of the arugula or sprouts and the top half of the bun.