Olive Oil & Fine Herbs Focaccia Sandwich Bun
Turn any sandwich Italian with this Focaccia. Made with unbleached, untreated wheat flour, water, olive oil, sea salt, and the perfect hint of herbs.
Olive Oil & Fine Herbs
12213Product sheet (pdf)
Speck sandwich with marinated halloumi
- 1 Boulart® Focaccia Sandwich bun
- 3-4 slices of speck
- 2 slices of marinated halloumi (recipe follows)
- 1 jar of onion jam, if not available you can substitute fig jam OR Branston Pickle
- 1 block of halloumi cheese, cut into 8 slices
- 8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ bunch fresh mint, finely chopped
- ½ bunch fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Whisk all ingredients except the cheese together in a bowl.
- Pour the marinade over the cheese and cover in the fridge until ready for use.
- Place a grill pan onto medium-high heat.
- Slice the focaccia horizontally, drizzle with a bit of the halloumi marinating oil and place cut side down in the grill pan. Grill until golden brown and slightly crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Remove the focaccia from the pan and add in the cheese. Grill on both sides until nicely charred using a pair of tongs to flip. Once finished, remove the cheese from the pan and set aside.
- Spoon a bit of the onion + thyme jam on both sides of the focaccia. Just enough to coat the bread.
- Next, lay the speck over the base of the sandwich bun. It doesn’t have to be perfectly flat.
- Top with the grilled halloumi and the top half of the bun. You can grill on a panini press or eat as is. Enjoy!