Original Ciabatta Bun
Have you checked out our buns? The bread – stay focused. Our original flavor is made with unbleached, untreated, enriched wheat flour, water, sea salt, yeast and malted barley.
24700 (CAN)Product sheet (pdf)
Guacamole, chorizo patty + egg sandwich
- 2 Boulart® Original Ciabatta buns
- 2 fresh chorizo sausages
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp of chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp of fresh lime juice
- 4 slices of fresh tomato
- 2 large butter lettuce or romaine leaves
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp of unsalted butter
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place a grill pan on medium-high heat.
- Remove the chorizo sausage from their casing and form them into 2 patties.
- Grill the patties in the grill pan until dark golden brown on both sides.
- Cut open the avocado, remove the pit and spoon the insides into a bowl.
- Using a fork, smash the avocado and add in the cilantro and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the sausage patties from the grill pan and grill the buns, cut side down, in the same pan. This will crisp them up slightly and soak up any flavours in the pan.
- Bake the buns for 5 minutes at 375°F.
- Place a non-stick pan onto medium heat and add in the butter. Once melted, fry the two eggs until desired doneness and season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble your sandwiches, spoon a bit of the guacamole on the bottom half of the bun, followed by a chorizo patty, then a fried egg, tomato and lettuce.
- Finish by spreading a spoonful of the guacamole on the top half of the bun and placing it on top of the sandwich.