Half the baguette, all of the flavour. This smaller version is made with unbleached, untreated, enriched wheat flour, water, sea salt, yeast and malted barley. So even at half the size, it still packs all of the punch.
Matcha white chocolate bread pudding
- 1 Boulart® Original Demi-Baguette
- ¾ of whole milk
- ¼ cup of heavy cream
- 2 tbsp of granulated sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 oz. of white chocolate
- 2 tbsp of matcha powder, divided
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- Powdered sugar
- Mascarpone cheese (for topping)
- Whisk together milk, heavy cream, sugar, vanilla extract, egg and 1 tbsp of the matcha powder.
- Cut the bread into bite size pieces (about 2 cups), place on a baking tray and toast in the oven at 375ºF.
- Once slightly toasted and crisp, remove the bread from the oven and toss with the milk mixture. Allow bread to sit in mixture for about one minute to soak up liquid.
- Heat the oven to 325° F. Spoon the bread/milk mixture into four ramekins, and top with the chocolate and remaining matcha powder.
- Bake for 40 min. Carefully remove from the oven and top with mascarpone cheese, a drizzle of maple syrup and a sprinkle of powdered sugar.