Original Dinner roll
If you’re worried about spoiling appetites before dinner is served, you may want to avoid putting out our delectable dinner rolls before the meal is ready. They’re made with unbleached, untreated, enriched wheat flour, water, sea salt, yeast and malted barley. You’ll be hard pressed to keep your hands off these simple pleasures.
You'll also love
Dinner rolls with poached eggs, asparagus & hollandaise
- 2 Boulart® Original dinner rolls
- 2 whole eggs and 4 egg yolks
- 10 spears of asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 6 slices of bacon, fried until crispy and drained on paper towel
- ¼ cup of red wine vinegar
- 1 sprig of tarragon
- 4 whole black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ lb of butter, melted
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch of chives, sliced into 1’’ pieces
- Place a small sauce pot and grill pan onto low-medium heat and bring the water to a gentle simmer.
- Put the vinegar, tarragon, peppercorns and bay leaf into a medium sized mixing bowl and place over the simmering water, resting gently on the pot.
- Once the vinegar has warmed through for a few minutes, remove the tarragon, peppercorns and bay leaf from the bowl, leaving only the vinegar.
- Add in the yolks and whisk vigorously until the yolks become fluffy and lighten in color.
- Slowly whisk in the butter until you are left with a light and fluffy hollandaise. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and set aside to keep warm.
- Toss the asparagus in a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the asparagus in the grill pan as well as the dinner roll, with the cut side down.
- While the asparagus grills and the rolls toast, crack the 2 eggs into the gently simmering water and poach until your desired level of doneness.
- To assemble the sandwich, place asparagus on the bottom half of the rolls, followed by bacon and a poached egg. Next, drizzle over some hollandaise and a sprinkle of chives and black pepper. Finish with the top halves of the rolls and enjoy!