Original Sandwich Bun
Our Classic Sandwich bun is now available pre-sliced. With its signature airy crumb and incredible holding power to support any topping, this bun is ready in minutes which makes things crazy convenient.
Buffalo Cauliflower Sandwich
- 4 Boulart® Classic Sandwich Buns
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into large florets & blanched
- 1 cup of corn starch
- 2 tbsp of chili powder
- 1 bottle of vegetable oil
- 1 bottle of buffalo hot sauce
- Vegan ranch dressing (recipe follows)
- Butter pickles
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1/2 cup of vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp cup of soy milk
- 1/2 tsp of onion powder
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 lemon, juiced and zest reserved
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Place a medium sized sauce pot onto medium heat and add enough oil to come up half way.
- Bring the oil to 350°F using a kitchen thermometer.
- Combine the corn starch and chili powder and toss the cauliflower florets in the cornstarch to coat.
- Working in batches, fry the cauliflower a few florets at a time until golden brown and crispy. Once finished, transfer to paper towel with a slotted spoon and season with kosher salt.
- Lightly toss the cauliflower in the buffalo sauce and place on a warm Boulart bun.
- Toss the celery with the ranch and place on top of the cauliflower.
- Finish with a few butter pickles and the top half of the bun!
- Place mayo in a mixing bowl and using a hand blender combine with the soy milk, garlic & onion powder, lemon juice and zest.
- Dress both side of the bun with 1 tbsp of mayonnaise and layer with the tomato, onion, lettuce and two chicken thighs.
- Serve with celery and carrot sticks.