Original Sandwich Bun
Nothing says sandwich bun like a delicious piece of white bread. Ours is made with unbleached, untreated, enriched wheat flour, water, sea salt, yeast and malted barley. And with a bun that has this much holding power, you won’t have to worry about the integrity of your sandwich.
- 4 Boulart® Original sandwich buns
- 8oz. of top sirloin or rib-eye steak
- 6-8 butter lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1/2 a red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 limes, juiced
- 1/2 lb of butter, softened
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 1 tbsp of fresh thyme, picked and chopped
- 1 tbsp of fresh tarragon, picked and chopped
- 1 lemon, zested
- Kosher salt + freshly ground black pepper
- Peel and trim garlic and toss in olive oil. Wrap the cloves in tinfoil and bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes until soft + golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place a grill pan onto high heat OR preheat your BBQ to its highest setting
- Bring the steak to room temperature, dry off well using paper towel and season both sides liberally with Kosher salt and black pepper.
- Grill the steak on both sides until desired doneness is reached (rare to medium-rare is recommended). Remove the steak from the grill pan and rest on a plate loosely covered with tinfoil.
- While the steak rests, whip the butter with the roasted garlic, the herbs and the lemon zest using a medium sized mixing bowl and a rubber spatula. Season the butter with salt & pepper and set aside.
- Toss the red onion thoroughly with the lime juice and a good pinch of salt.
- To assemble, briefly grill the bread cut side down in the same pan the steaks were grilled in (this will soak up any nice flavors left in the pan). Next, spread a bit of garlic & herb butter on both grilled sides of the bread. Lay a few leaves of the butter lettuce on the base, followed by a few slices of the grilled steak, next a few slices of the pickled red onion and finish with the top half of the bun.