Original Small Artisan Burger Bun
These buns are so tasty they’ll force you to consider moving the BBQ indoors and extending the grilling season. Made with unbleached, untreated, enriched wheat flour, water, sea salt, yeast and malted barley, you’ll look for any excuse you can find to eat these delicious buns.
- 2 Boulart® Original Small Artisan Burger Buns
- 1 box good quality Montreal-style smoked meat (vacuum packed; available in high-end grocery stores).
- 1 jar sauerkraut
- 2 tbsp caraway seeds, toasted in a hot pan
- Yellow mustard
- Swiss cheese
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp hot prepared horseradish
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- ¼ cup finely chopped dill pickles
- Place a medium sized pot of water onto medium heat and bring to a simmer. Drop one pack for every two sandwiches into the hot water.
- Meanwhile, drain the sauerkraut and place another medium sized pot onto medium heat and place sauerkraut inside. Stir in the caraway seeds and continue to cook deepening the flavor and evaporating any excess liquid.
- For the Russian dressing, combine all ingredients and check for seasoning. season with salt and some fresh lemon juice if needed.
- Carefully lift the smoked meat packets out of the water cutting each open and emptying into a bowl.
- To assemble the sandwiches, start with a warm Boulart Small Artisan Burger Bun. On the bottom half spread a spoonful of Russian dressing followed by just enough sauerkraut to cover the bread.
- Next, using tongs pile on some hot Montreal smoked meat followed by a slice of Swiss cheese. Add a little yellow mustard to the top bun, place it on top and you’re ready to eat!