Original Thin Sandwich Bun
Nothing says sandwich bun like a delicious piece of white bread. Ours is made with unbleached, untreated, enriched wheat flour, water, sea salt, yeast and malted barley. And with a bun that has this much holding power, you won’t have to worry about the integrity of your sandwich.
You'll also love
Lemon mayo grilled veg
- 8-10 Boulart® Original Thin Sandwich Buns
- 8 small zucchini, sliced into ½ inch coins
- 2 jars roasted red peppers
- 4 small tomatoes
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut into ½ inch quarters
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- 1 bunch basil, washed, picked and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 balls of fresh buffalo mozzarella, sliced
- Kosher salt
- ½ a lemon
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 2 lemons, for juicing and zesting
- Place two grill pans on high heat or turn on the BBQ to full heat, then toss all the vegetables (except peppers) in a large bowl with olive oil, salt and garlic.
- Once grill is hot, begin grilling the vegetables, making sure not to crowd the grill/pans. Working in batches, char the vegetables being careful not to overcook.
- In the previously used large bowl, add a few splashes of balsamic vinegar, then remove the vegetables from the grill and toss in vinegar. Allow to cool before adding the peppers and basil, then season with salt and fresh lemon juice.
- For lemon aioli, combine all ingredients and check seasoning.
- On a warm sandwich bun, spread a spoonful of the lemon aioli on the bottom and top halves, place a large slice of the mozzarella on both halves and spoon the marinated, grilled vegetables down the centre of the bread before closing the sandwich. Place in a panini press and toast until the exterior of the sandwich is crisp.