Original Tradition Baguette
Long and thin, soft and delicious, the baguette is the measuring stick for all things bread. Our original baguette is made with unbleached, untreated, enriched wheat flour, water, sea salt, yeast and malted barley. We know our baguette measures up.
Cinnamon crunch french toast bake
- 1 day-old Boulart® Original Tradition Baguette, cubed
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup melted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup crunchy cinnamon cereal, crushed
- 1 cup 3% whipping cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Add bread cubes to the mix and toss until well coated. Let stand for about 15 minutes or until the bread absorbs all the egg mixture.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°F. Spread the bread mixture evenly in a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Sprinkle over top with crushed cereal.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes, then uncover and bake for about 25 minutes or until it is set and the top is golden and crispy.
- Using an electric mixer whip cream until stiff peaks form. Stir in icing sugar. Serve French Toast Bake with whipped cream and maple syrup.