Original Tradition Demi-baguette
A slight departure from tradition, this smaller version is made with unbleached, untreated, enriched wheat flour, water, sea salt, yeast and malted barley. So if you aren’t opposed to breaking from tradition, this is the bread for you.
Cajun style muffuletta
- 4 Boulart® Original Tradition Demi-Baguettes
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise per sandwich
- 3 oz sliced mozzarella
- 3 oz aged provolone
- 3 oz mortadella
- 3 oz smoked ham
- 3 oz capicola
- 3 oz salami
- 1 cup mixed olives, pitted and chopped
- ½ cup pickled onions, chopped
- ½ cup capers, roughly chopped
- 2 cups pickled giardiniera vegetables
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- ½ tsp anchovy paste
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp each of freshly chopped parsley and oregano
- Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut the baked baguette in half, hollowing out a little in the middle.
- Spread mayonnaise and olive salad on each side of the bread.
- Layer mozzarella, provolone, mortadella, smoked ham, capicola and salami.
- Add another layer of olive salad and layer cheese and meat until you reach the top.
- For some added crunch, add lettuce.